Stress is inevitable in our daily lives, but there are several ways to combat it. One of those ways being yoga. But whatever you’re new to yoga and never tried it before? In this video, LaTosha will break down the 10 poses that will assist in easing your stress level.
The top 10 yoga poses that are explained in the video include:
- Rag Doll: A basic standing forward bend yoga posture that stretches the lower back.
- Downward Facing Dog: One of the most well-known yoga poses. It strengthens and stretches the whole body!
- Child’s pose: A kneeling asana in modern yoga.
- Puppy Pose: A cross between Child’s Pose and Downward Facing Dog, Extended Puppy Pose lengthens the spine and calms the mind.
- Thread the Needle: A shoulder-releasing yoga posture that is suitable for all students, including beginners.
- Seated Eagle: Seated Eagle Pose or the seated Garudasana opens up the joints in the arms and shoulders.
- Turn Up: Sit with the soles of your feet together and your knees apart in Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose).
- Seated Side Stretch: Considered a warm-up yoga pose to prepare the body for more intense yoga poses / yoga flow.
- Seated Spinal Twist: Deep, seated twists have the power to transform your spine
- Seated Meditation: Most seated yoga postures are suitable for beginning level students, as the majority are easily adapted to any level of strength or flexibility.
Check out the video below:
Never miss a beat! Stay up to date on the latest news, events and products!