Most of us ladies can spend hours on end prepping in the morning or on the weekend to get ready to start our day. However, throughout the day, especially when it’s warm outside, it is important to freshen up to make sure that you stay fresh while you’re out. This is when a big purse comes in handy because you can carry all of your daily essentials needed to make sure you stay on point throughout the whole day! So what are some of the items that you should carry? Below is what I carry in my feminine pouch and the reason why I carry it.
- Summers Eve Feminine Hygiene Spray: This is very important to carry because after using the bathroom during the day, you can spray a tad to make sure that you stay fresh ‘down there’. As woman, if you’re funky people will not want to be around you and it’s not very woman like.
- Hand sanitizer: Because germs can cause sickness and sometimes you just can’t afford to get sick.
- Small compact mirror: To check for unusual things on your face that you can’t visualize see without a mirror. Have a piece of broccoli in your teeth? Use your mirror to get it out or to apply your lip gloss perfectly.
- Hand lotion: Because going around ashy is not cute! Plus when you wash your hands throughout the day, your hands begin to dry out.
- Cover girl Lip gloss and bronzer: Keep your lips poppin’ and your eyes shinning.
- Eyeliner and Maybelline eye shadow for smokey eyes: For those that do the smokey eye look, re-touch it towards the middle of the day if needed.
- Mary Kay Timewiser toner: To keep my face hydrated throughout the day.
- Guess mini perfume: To smell good throughout the day of course.
- Poise Liners: These come in handy for any unexpected leaks, and Poise incontinence panty liners stay 3X drier than leading regular size feminine care liners where needed most because they are specifically designed to help with those who suffer from Light Bladder Leakage (LBL). The Absorb-Loc core quickly locks away wetness and protects against incontinence odor to help keep you fresh and dry.
For those that so not know much about LBL, here are a few myths that you might have heard about it:
Myth #2: A little leakage when I cough or sneeze is normal.
While it’s true that leakage is common, “it’s a misconception that bladder leakage is normal or inevitable,” says Goldberg, who is also the author of Ever Since I Had My Baby: Understanding, Treating, and Preventing the Most Common Physical Aftereffects of Pregnancy and Childbirth. “At least 96 percent of women with stress incontinence can have their problem cured. It boils down to this—is it bothersome to the point where it affects your quality of life? If so, there are many options for treatment.”
Myth #3: Bladder leakages only happen to elderly people.
“Stress incontinence affects nearly 50 percent of women who have had children by the age of 40,” says Goldberg. Both stress incontinence and overactive bladder are highly pervasive, he notes, even in younger women.
Myth #5: You should always go to the bathroom when you first feel the urge “to go”—who knows where the next clean bathroom might be?
“Going just in case is fine in certain situations, but for many women, doing this on a regular basis can increase the risk of overactive bladder, with its symptoms of urge, frequency, or accidents on the way to the bathroom,” says Dr. Goldberg. “Spoiling your bladder this way can cause problems over the long run. It’s better to void the normal amount, which is every three to four hours.”
Myth #7: I am the only woman in my 20’s, 30’s or 40’s who has this problem.
As stated before, both stress incontinence and overactive bladder are highly pervasive, even in younger women, Goldberg notes.
If you have been experiencing LBL, and you are a Sam’s Club member you can buy your Poise Liners in bulk and save a few dollars. Members save $4 on Liners and $8 on pads. If you are not a member of Sam’s Club, but would like to sign up, you can easily sign up for your membership card online. Click here and check out what else Sam’s Club has to offer you.