Utah Jazz hero adopts disguise to play trick on New Orleans Pelicans star.
Basketball legend Karl Malone admires New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis, but it didn’t stop him pranking the NBA All-Star at a video shoot in their native Louisiana. Here is all you need to know.
- Utah Jazz icon Malone disguised himself as ‘Sam the Maintenance Man’ with a janitor onesie, dreadlocks wig and glasses to disrupt a video shoot Davis was doing at a local gym.
- Malone explained: “I got a call about pulling a prank on someone and first thing I said was, ‘Well who?’ They said, ‘AD, Anthony Davis‘. I said, ‘Wow, I’ll do it.”
- The 54-year-old is the second-leading scorer in NBA history behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
- Power forward Davis is a five-time NBA All-Star and was MVP in the 2017 All-Star Game.
- Malone was known as ‘The Mailman’ for always delivering in the post-up spot.
- He helped Team USA to gold at Barcelona in 1992 as part of the famous Dream Team.
- After Malone’s identity was revealed, the 24-year-old said: “I watched a lot of film on you and how you do it. This (post-up spot) is called your spot for a reason.”
” src=”http://purposelyawakened.com/wp-content/plugins/ckeditor-for-wordpress/plugins/wpgallery/images/spacer.gif?t=F7J8″ title=”gallery size=”medium” ids=”6833,6832,6831,6830,6829,6828,6827″” />