This meeting was to address the proposed cut backs in tax incentive to the movie industry here in Michigan. Michigan offers a 42 percent tax rebate to the Movie industry to film here. Detroit is a very busy place as a result of Hollywood coming to Michigan.
Movies filmed of filming in Detroit:
- The horror flick Scream 4 (2011)
- The comedy LOL: Laughing Out Loud (2011)
- The robot-boxing drama Real Steel (2011)
- The drama War Flowers (2011) starring Tom Berenger and Christina Ricci
- The romance Holly, Jingles and Clyde 3D (2011) starring Ashley Tisdale
- The comedy The Last Best Place (2011)
- The war thriller Return to the Hiding Place (2011)
- The romance Shrinking Charlotte (2010)
- The sports drama Things Fall Apart (2011) starring Ray Liotta and 50 Cent
- Homeland Security USA (2009) – Documentary TV series that filmed at Detroit Metro Airport.
- Prayers for Bobby (2009) – Movie starring Sigourney Weaver filmed in Royal Oak, Ferndale, Redford and Detroit.
- The Prince of the Motor City (2008) – Movie filmed in Detroit, Highland Park and Rochester. Musical set in Motown and starring Eddie Murphy
HBO Series Hung
ABC Series 187
Mitch Albom, Free Press Columnist/author
Jeff Daniels, actor/filmmaker
Mike Binder, filmmaker and Michigan native
Philippe Martinez, Maxsar Studios CEO
Emery King and Jim Burnstein, Chair and Vice-Chair, Michigan Film Office Advisory Council