Meet The Jamaican Doctor In NYC That Beat COVID-19 By Taking All-Natural Remedies

Please select a featured image for your post

By Kelsey Marie

Raeburn Fairweather, a 47-year-old respiratory therapist working at Maimonides Medical Centre in Brooklyn, NY was infected with COVID-19 and has successfully fought it off. 

Fairweather battled the virus for two weeks and endured headaches, fever and body aches.

He spoke with the New York Post about his experience saying, “The Tylenol would not bring it down. My body felt like it was falling apart. Headaches were immense. They were making my eyeballs feel like they were on springs.”

Respiratory therapist Raeburn Fairweather (Photo credit: Matthew McDermott)

Respiratory therapist Raeburn Fairweather (Photo credit: Matthew McDermott)

Thank you to everyday heroes in our hospitals like Raeburn Fairweather— who is back at work on the frontlines fighting the disease after beating coronavirus:

— Claudia Tenney (@claudiatenney) April 2, 2020

Fairweather said he was unable to smell and taste and he coughed up “thick, white mucus during Day Three — and that carried on until Thursday of last week.”

After experiencing symptoms of coronavirus, Fairweather quarantined himself in an extra room in his house. He is a husband and father of five, so he had to be extra careful not to infect his family. 

Luckily, none of his family members are showing any symptoms. 

Fairweather is originally from Jamaica and when asked what he used to combat the virus besides Tylenol, he said he drank “Caribbean home remedies made with turmeric, garlic, and ginger.”

“If your body cannot fight, you will not make it. It wears your body down,” Fairweather tells the New York Post

At work, Fairweather has been “inserting and removing ventilator tubes from the tracheas of coronavirus patients,” according to the New York Post. He began experiencing symptoms shortly after a triple shift at work on March 17th. 

He admits that before the pandemic really spiked, the hospital staff were not using protective gear for patients who were showing no symptoms. 

He says, “I’m going to be honest with you, the staff was still somewhat laid back about it.”

Fairweather was tested on March 18th for COVID-19 and the results came back positive. 

Eileen Tynion, the spokeswoman at Maimonides, says per the hospital’s policy, employees are allowed to return to work on their 4th consecutive day without a fever. 

Fairweather has now returned to work after beating COVID-19 and says, “I love my job, and I was very bored at home.”

Website | + posts
No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


Get 10% off by subscribing to our newsletter

Payment methods
payment methods

Copyright Ⓒ 2018 Awakened Media Enterprises, Inc.

Monthly NewsletterGet the Scoop on the Black Experience x Culture
Join Facebook Group