Summer time is right around the corner and people are still out lurking for ‘bae’ and anticipating on taking a few ‘bae-cations’ or hoping to meet ‘the one’ while they are on summer vacation. But before you complete your search, there are a few tips on how to find the right relationship. You never know, you may have bumped into your future spouse and not have realized it yet.
- Know Yourself. It’s a must to know your deal breakers, your personality quirks and what you may want in someone in order to find balance.
- Know who you’re looking for. Grab a piece of paper and make three columns. Label one column “non-non-negotiables”, label one “negotiable”, and the other “Don’t Care.” Now fill them in.
- Put Yourself Out There. Join dating sites, dating apps and go to social events around your community.
- Let someone pursue you. Let someone nail down a night to see you because they can’t stand the idea of letting anymore days go by without it.
- Give them a chance. It’s not really fair to judge someone based off of one date. You can’t learn enough in one date.
- Stop wondering if you’re right for them. So many times we get caught up in the question, “Am I the one for him/her?” And the answer is, “Who the hell cares?!” The question you SHOULD be asking is, “Is he/she right for ME?”