As you will see in the video below some footage of the inhumane gladiator fights California inmates have been subject to, we as human beings should all come together and get government officials involved to amend the 13th. Also we have testimony and pleads from family & loved ones of inmates. “We’ve been suffer many decades of legalized slavery as “minorities” at a pivotal time in prison reform we need to see and know what is exactly going on. Another look into plantation like racist practices incremental releases aka Mandingo fights are still prevalent in 2019″. Our loved ones have accepted their sentences and deserve a opportunity at rehabilitation, and should learning techniques & skills to help them succeed when released back into society.
I just want to clarify that there are 2 incidents in regards to Gladiator fights:
- Integration between Sensitive Needs Yard (SNY) inmates, previously Protective Custody (PC), and General Population (GP) inmates (document enclosed)
- Integration of known enemies between Bulldogs and other races & groups (which has been broadcasted as of lately).
I am unsure if you have received my last emails in regards to the Gladiator Fights in CA prisons in all Central Valley State Prisons. I just wanted to advise you of some disturbing information I recently saw online.
It stated that Correctional Training Facility (CTF) will commence the Gladiator Fights on Monday, 3/4/19, in the gymnasium. They have now created a Gladiator Ring to conduct these Gladiator Fights. This is sickening and needs to be stopped. CDCR’s Administration knows the dangers behind their tactics and they are refusing to stop this violence. CDCR is promoting violence in todays prisons and continues to place the lives of our loved ones at risk. PLEASE HELP US STOP CDCR AND THEIR VIOLENCE!!!
In Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) a Correctional Officer’s (CO) head was split open because of an incident involving the groups. As you can see, staff members lives are at risk as well! I have heard the concerns of CO’s as well and they do NOT want this either, but the administrators are pushing the violence. Administrators in Sacramento include Acting Secretary Ralph Diaz, Acting Undersecretary Kathleen Allison and Acting Division of Adult Institutions Director Connie Gipson. Administrators in CTF Soledad State Prison include Warden Craig Koenig and Captain Freeman.
I need to speak to the Governor to voice my concerns in person. I need a meeting with him to stop this madness. There is more to what I write down. I have countless evidence I need to present to him of the bloodshed occurring. I am a factual person and I have nothing more than facts to corroborate my statements.
Media has been made aware of these incidents and they were present this past weekend, March 2nd and 3rd, at the CTF Soledad Prison Peaceful Protest which was held from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Gladiator Fights are occurring in 5 facilities: Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) in Jamestown, Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP), Corcoran State Prison, CTF in Soledad and Salinas Valley State Prison (SVSP). There was a 6th one: Avenal State Prison (ASP), but they recently transferred all of the inmates causing trouble out of that prison. SVSP has not personally been impacted by these major incidents as they have the groups separated from one another, which is needed for safety and security concerns. CDCR knows and understands that a specific group of inmates (Bulldogs) can no longer program safety with inmates of a different group and race and it is in their best interest to separate them from the rest of the population for everyone’s safety.
We as family members would just like CDCR to follow their own policies and procedures, including their mission statement, “… safety and security of incarcerated offenders…” They all took an oath to serve and protect, but they are doing the exact opposite. Our loved ones are not guinea pigs or experiments; their lives are not disposable. They are all human beings and should be treated as such.
I have compiled a timeline for the lockdown specifically at CTF:
- 10/15/18-Facility was placed on Modified Program because their received a “tip” that there was going to be violence the next day.
- 10/16/18: Modified Program was lifted and facility ran normal program. They opened up all the doors, but riots ensued in all housing locations.
- 10/31/18: Bulldogs (problem group) began going out to yard for 4 hours a week.
- 11/1/18: Second affected group (wings C,D,E &F) began going out to yard for 4 hours a week.
- 11/2/18: Second affected group (wings: B,X,Y,Z & G) began going out to yard for 4 hours a week.
- 11/21/18: 4 hours of yard for both groups seized!
- 12/5/18: SUICIDE!!! An inmate took his life because he could not handle the stresses of the lockdown.
- 12/7/18: Inmates in the affected groups were given the chance to go to the store ONLY for hygiene items (no food!). Some guys (about 140 inmates) did not even get a chance to get their hygiene because the lines were so long. Inmates were not allowed to buy food or mail items.
- 12/9/18: Inmate had a seizure in a cell and the Correctional Officers were not responding to the incident. Inmate had to be taken to the hospital for treatment as the officers took a long time to respond.
- 12/12/18: Correctional Officer Guerra intentionally unlocked an inmate’s cell door and let him be attacked by his enemies (Bulldogs). The victim required transport to the hospital to get stitches.
- 12/13/18: SUICIDE!!! Another inmate committed suicide in the Administrative Segregation Unit.
- 12/17/18: Inmates affected by the modified program began to receive once again 4 hours of yard time, like before.
- 12/21/18: Families went to protest on the outside of the facility (CTF) and inmates were finally offered their packages, some store ($55) and showers 3x/wk since they were only getting them 2x/wk. (that means that for 2 months they were not getting ANYTHING!).
- 12/24/18: Packages began to get distributed.
- 12/26/18: An inmate (Race: White) was attacked by Bulldogs in the dayroom.
- 2/7/19: GLADIATOR FIGHTS BEGAN!!!!! Correctional Officers placed 5 Whites and 5 Bulldogs out in the yard and a RIOT occurred.
- 2/14/19: Correctional Officers placed 3 Whites and 3 Bulldogs out in the yard together and a RIOT occurred. (video clips exist).
- 2/15/19: Correctional Officers placed more than 10 Whites and more than 10 Bulldogs out in the yard together and a HUGE RIOT occurred. (video clips exist)
Gladiator Fights are scheduled to continue with no end in sight. On 2/22/19 CTF has another Incremental Release scheduled, Corcoran State Prison has another Incremental Release scheduled for 2/19/19 and PVSP has an incremental release scheduled every 3 days (the last one was scheduled today 2/18/19).
I want to emphasize that CDCR is promoting violence in today’s prisons. They are knowingly and intentionally putting our incarcerated loved ones lives at risk by placing them in hostile environments with known enemies. These Gladiator Fights are also being seen with the new program CDCR created: NON-DESIGNATED PROGRAMMING FACILITY (NDPF) where they are attempting to integrate Sensitive Needs Yard (SNY), previously known as Protective Custody (PC) with other inmates from General Population (GP). NDPF began mid last year and the results have been absolutely horrendous. There has been major rioting, stabbings, beating with locks, slashings… basically the worst kind of violence you can imagine. I have actually met with Acting Secretary Ralph Diaz in CDCR and his staff twice (the last meeting was on February 15, 2019), but he stated NDPF will continue. He was also made aware of the Gladiator Fights that I am currently discussing as well. CDCR is promising programming to our loved ones at the cost of human lives and it is disgusting.
The bloodshed that has been created by these Gladiator Fights and the NDPF program is at the hands of CDCR. These are clear set ups for attacks and continued violence in the prisons. The increase in violence is job security for CDCR to keep our incarcerated loved ones in prison longer. There are no chances of Rehabilitation anymore. Our loved ones have been deflated mentally and physically and they do not see the end to this violence unless legislators get involved.
I cannot even fathom the fact that his life is at risk day in and day out where he is supposed to be safe and secure. He made mistakes in his life for which he is paying for, but that does not justify the prison system putting his life in imminent danger. CDCR has an obligation to keep him and all the other inmates safe and frankly they are not doing their job! CDCR is not doing it’s job PLEASE HELP US! I have been to the Capitol multiple times to discuss the NDPF issue and we need more support to stop the program and now we need support to stop the Gladiator Fights!