P&G Addresses Racial Bias With New Film “The Look”
National Trust for Historic Preservation Announces Crowdfunding Campaign to Help Restore Nina Simone’s Childhood Home
Pharrell Surprises 114 College-Bound High School Graduates with Summer Internships
Film Spotlight: Cantadoras, Memories of Life and Death in Colombia
Chakras (meaning wheel) are energy centers within the body. The seven main Chakras start at the base of the spine and end at the crown of the head. They govern your emotional and physical state. Imbalances in any could lead to feelings of insecurity and could cause health issues. After reading the article please check out my video for 7 easy poses to help align and activate all 7 chakras. This is a basic explanation of each:
- Root chakra or Muladhara is located at the base of the spine. The main associated color with this chakra is red. This chakra deals with your basic need to feel safe, secure and stable (mental, physical, financially)
- Sacral chakra or Svadhishthana is located in between your hips. The main color is orange. It deals with your desires, emotions and sexual energy.
- Solar plexus chakra or Manipura is located in the abdominal area. The main color associated is yellow. This deals with your confidence and sense of strength.
- Heart chakra or Anahata is located in your chest/heart area. The main color is green. This chakra deals with you feeling loved, loving others and forgiveness.
- Throat chakra or Vishuddha is located in the throat area. Light blue is the main color commonly associated with it. This chakra deals with your communication and speaking your truth unapologetically
- Third eye chakra or Ajna is located on your forehead. The main color is indigo. This chakra deals with your intuition.
- Crown chakra or Sahasrara is located in top of your head. The main color associated with it is violet. It deals with you connecting to your higher self on a spiritual level.