Yoga has become very popular in a variety of cultures; however, although more people, especially people of color, are becoming more hip to the practice of yoga, there are still some misconceptions about who can practice it.
In the video below, LaTosha breaks down the eight misconceptions of yoga. Here are the eight misconceptions. Watch the video to get a break down of each one.
- You have to be flexible to do yoga.
- I have to be a certain age to do yoga.
- I have to be a certain size to practice yoga.
- Only “such-such” race practices yoga.
- I have an injury or a disability, so I can’t practice yoga.
- I have to practice a certain religion to practice yoga.
- Yogis are always peaceful.
- Only women practice yoga.